Question:
As a result of being Green, are more of us returning to old fashioned remedies? Or looking to the future?
paua_power
2007-05-02 18:21:06 UTC
Like cleaning products, health remedies, beauty treatments etc.
Three answers:
JelliclePat
2007-05-02 18:35:22 UTC
Our family has always preferred so-called 'old-fashioned' remedies, such as breathing the steam from boiling water with eucalyptus oil in it to clear out blocked sinuses. We still use Vicks Vaporub, etc., and switched to an all-natural cold remedy called African Sea Coconut (available from health food stores) when Robitussin, etc. didn't work a few years ago. We also have five eco-humidifiers that put moisture into the air every time the furnace goes on, instead of using an electrical one. My son also eats a lot of spicy food in the winter to keep his sinuses clear, with the result that he rarely gets sick.

I don't know that we as a culture are doing much yet, but each little step helps.
2007-05-02 19:30:48 UTC
Hi paua_power,

I'm getting on board and slowly ditching my chemical cleaning products in favour of old fashioned ingredients. Bi carb of soda can do anything!

* I replaced my bubble bath with lavendar oil and bi-carb of soda.

* I burn oils instead of using air fresheners.

* Strike a match to extinguish yucky toilet smells.

* Hot water bottles sooth crampy periods.

* Lavendar oil on the temples soothes a headache.

* Tea tree oil is another miracle product. Use it for antiseptic.

* Eat lots of garlic to ward off sickness
Gene
2007-05-02 18:26:09 UTC
Cleaning products, yes, but look at all the SUV's that are used to carry bottled water and to shop for all the new prescriptions and makeup products.