Question:
Are any other cities going to follow CA's lead in going green?
ace
2007-05-10 17:30:26 UTC
Are any other cities going to follow CA's lead in going green?
Five answers:
mariner31
2007-05-10 18:21:12 UTC
California as a State Goverment may be attempting to be "going green"... but sadly few of her residents are: and I've been living here for the last 43 years!!

It is mandatory to have recycling bins... yet when I put my trash in the dumpster it is always filled with cardboard, glass, plastics and cans that other apartment dwellers can't seem to find the time to put into the recycling bins !!

I watch thousands of cars drive past each day when there is a WONDERFUL integrated Mass-transit system here in the Bay Area !!

When I was a kid, you could SEE across the Bay almost EVERY DAY !! Now you are lucky have visibility of over 2 miles !!

TAX SUV's THREE-times the normal rate, stop immigration into the state, and stop building !!
2007-05-11 00:37:05 UTC
Eventually. CA is highly advanced with green technology, higher that all other states in the US. Progress, though, takes time. CA has been extremely successful with its programs thus far, which will hopefully inspire all other states to follow its lead.

This process of economic awareness will take time and money. I would expect a lot of change on this in the next ten years!
Trooper
2007-05-11 00:54:02 UTC
if you look on the internet for cities that are going to follow but the guy who answered first is kind of lying because we are high tech but las angeles is one of the most poluted place in the world
2007-05-11 12:50:31 UTC
Charlotte NC was either the first or one of the first cities to use LED lighting in their city funded lighting. they are far more efficient tha the alternatives. I wrote my mayor and asked him to look into doing that in my town as well.
2007-05-11 00:59:23 UTC
California ~ ? Oregon is VERY good in some places! Heck we were recycling, saving energy before it was cool lol! I remember back int he early 70's recycling stuff...