Question:
I am looking for information on Green earth and it's effect on the health of the workers?
2007-05-11 20:08:22 UTC
I need information from sources that are known and reputable.Is green earth's entire cleaning system environmentally friendly
One answer:
2007-05-13 08:13:38 UTC
There is definitely a controversy surrounding this issue. One thing is for sure- if you expose mice to the chemical that Green Earth uses (D5), they develop tumors and cancer. The issue is whether or not there is also an increased cancer risk in humans.

On the other hand, the alternative that many dry cleaners use is called PERC and is also very environmentally hazardous and is classified as a pollutant by the EPA.

Check out the first link for the EPA's website, where they explain their current state of knowledge about D5 (summarized above). For more extensive coverage, check out the next two sites, NPR and Body1, for more explanation about the controversy and the background.